Make sure both the interface are exit interface on that box for destination IP of Tunnel config. Tejal Shah
________________________________ From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of iwan wibisana Sent: Tue 24-Apr-07 9:37 AM To: 'Primoz Jeroncic'; 'Cisco Mailing list' Subject: Re: [c-nsp] GRE tunnel on GSR Add "Tunnel mode " at your config :-) Salam Iwan Wibisana NOC Indo.net -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Primoz Jeroncic Sent: 23 April 2007 16:21 To: Cisco Mailing list Subject: [c-nsp] GRE tunnel on GSR Hi guys I guess I'm missing something obvious here, but I really have no idea anymore. I'm trying to establish simple plain GRE tunnel between two GSR boxes. No matter what I try, tunnel interface is up, while line protocol is down. I mean, how hard can it be to configure plain gre tunnel? On every other box it's working without problem, but not on GSR. Currently I'm running Service Provider 12.0.30(S5) IOS on both boxes, and config is really standard one: box 1 interface Tunnel0 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.252 tunnel source 10.2.2.1 tunnel destination 10.3.3.1 ! interface FastEthernet2/0 ip address 10.2.2.1 255.255.255.0 box 2 interface Tunnel0 ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.252 tunnel source 10.3.3.1 tunnel destination 10.2.2.1 ! interface FastEthernet2/0 ip address 10.3.3.1 255.255.255.0 Both Ethernet interfaces are of course connected and ping works fine between 10.2.2.1 and 10.3.3.1. Also based on Cisco feature navigator this IOS supports GRE, so I have really no idea anymore. I would appreciate any hint, since I'm really without any further ideas about this. Have fun, Primoz Jeroncic Support - IP Connectivity & Routing ------------------------------------------------------------------- Softnet d.o.o. tel: +386 1 562 31 40 | Borovec 2 fax: +386 1 562 18 55 | 1 + 1 = 3 1236 Trzin primoz(at)softnet.si | for larger values of 1 Slovenija http://flea.softnet.si/ ------------------------------------------------------------------- _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ============================================================================================================================ Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review at <a href="http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html">http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a> externally and <a href="http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html">http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a> internally within Tech Mahindra. ============================================================================================================================ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
