Well I think that I will need to customize my scripts.

snmpwalk -Os -c ****** -v 1 ***.***.***.*** .1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.2|grep 
"CPU of Switching Processor"|cut -d "=" -f1
mib-2.47.1.1.1.1.2.1001

and than parse that OID in my script.
anyway, thanks for you help.

chiel

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Phil Mayers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Toomey, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "cisco-nsp" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Supervisor Engine memory snmp


> Toomey, Brian wrote:
>> Have you tried using 'snmp-server ifindex persist'?  It locks the index
>> values through a reboot.
>
> Yeah, sure. Of ifindices.
>
> The indices of the table in questions are ENTITY-MIB entPhysicalIndex
> values and though they'll probably stay constant on a given box *WILL*
> vary across boxes for the same components in the same slot positions,
> which I believe was the OPs problem:
>
> """But the 4001 can change between different switches (6500). Anybody
> can explain how? or can I use a other OID?"""
>
> SNMP tables indices don't remain stable. Software that pretends they do
> is broken.
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to