Solarwinds Orion? Canned reports or write your own...

Ian MacKinnon wrote:
> The million dollar question, is how much money do you have to spend?
>
> Something like Netcool and Concord eHealth would work.
>
>
>
> Janine Booysen wrote:
>   
>> Hi Gents,
>>
>> Recently I've heard that s. ex at the work place can cause Jitter 
>> Fluctuations. Can someone confirm this?
>>
>> LOL on a serious note, I need some BIG BOY help with the management of my 
>> company's large MPLS Network.
>>
>> We mainly use Cisco 7206-VXR's with a couple of Juniper Routers to handle 
>> VOIP for our larger corporate customers.
>>
>> However, managing several routers with tight SLA's is a real pain in the 
>> behind. MRTG and Netflow is limited to graphs and interface statistics, BUT 
>> lacks decent reporting.
>>
>> Today my boss (a real pr1ck) told me that I should generate a report over 
>> the last two weeks, indicating the total uptime for a specific customers' 
>> circuits. I would have loved to just click a button and generate such a 
>> report. To top all that, he wants to know what the average latency was 
>> during office hours (9 till 4) indicating the best / worste day.
>>
>> For now I need to manually look at the graphs and enter the stuff in Excel. 
>> Will probably take me the whole weekend. :((  my boyfriend is gonna kill 
>> me...
>>
>> Any recommendations on a system that can make my life easier (and give me 
>> more time away from the office), from you nice guys, will be much 
>> appreciated.
>>
>> I've sent this mail from my private address - not to disclose who I'm 
>> working for (else my boss is going to fire me).
>>
>> Love
>> Janine
>>
>>
>>        
>> ---------------------------------
>>  Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up 
>> for your freeaccount today.
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>>     


-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by the  MailScanner at Placet.co.uk,
and is believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to