I am looking for some input on how to determine a good time to move from CFCs to DFCs. I am running SUP720-3BXL engines now on all of my 6509s but only running my 6748 blades with the WS-F6700-CFC.
Is there some stats I should be looking at on the 6500 to let me know when it would be a good idea to move from centralized forwarding to distributed forwarding..? I am running a mix of the 6748-GE-TX and 6248A-TEL blades. Most ports get only 10 to 15mbps, several get 600 to 800mbps. Here is what I see when I show mls stats: ROUTER-BR1#sh mls statistics Statistics for Earl in Module 5 L2 Forwarding Engine Total packets Switched : 2085876382490 L3 Forwarding Engine Total packets L3 Switched : 2084698353828 @ 211719 pps Total Packets Bridged : 56107206223 Total Packets FIB Switched : 2027121731289 Total Packets ACL Routed : 0 Total Packets Netflow Switched : 0 Total Mcast Packets Switched/Routed : 378667094 Total ip packets with TOS changed : 2 Total ip packets with COS changed : 2 Total non ip packets COS changed : 0 Total packets dropped by ACL : 993799 Total packets dropped by Policing : 0 Total packets exceeding CIR : 0 Total packets exceeding PIR : 0 Errors MAC/IP length inconsistencies : 0 Short IP packets received : 0 IP header checksum errors : 0 TTL failures : 18653539 MTU failures : 0 Total packets L3 Switched by all Modules: 2084698353828 @ 211719 pps Thanks -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Richard J. Sears CCNP/CCDP/F5SE _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
