Hi David, Sorry, I missed the fact that this was a 7200.
Either use a 3550 (or better) to remove the outer tag before passing to the router, or play IOS roulette on the 7200 ;>). I suspect that in 12.3.latest or 12.4.latest this might work, but I haven't tried it myself. If you want to push a lot of traffic & Multicast etc. then I would stay away from a software solution like PWE etc. Bridging etc. will work within the local router, but then you need to take a crossover from one port to another :>). cheers /rolf On Monday 21 May 2007 13:30:40 David Freedman wrote: > Rolf Mendelsohn wrote: > > Hi Guys, > > > > Worst case (slightly temporary) solution would be to carefully configure > > an exit for the QinQ domain into the 802.1q domain and put a crossover > > cable from one port to another. > > How would you do this? > Its an 72xx NPE-G1 not a switch so can only rely on lconnect (not > working) or bridging (reluctant to try) > > I've seen suggestion of l2tpv3 PWE over loopbacks to try this but have > never managed to get this to work (and suspect it shouldn't!) > > Dave. > > > Unless of course you have a big overlap of regular vlan's. > > > > cheers > > /rolf > > > > On Monday 21 May 2007 10:31:17 David Freedman wrote: > >> Bridging was also suggested, but I dont think this would be suitable > >> since we are talking about a couple of 100 Megs of traffic with lots of > >> multicast :) > >> > >> Does anybody know what kind of performance gain provided by using l2 > >> local switching over bridging? > >> > >> I can't find much documentation on this, I'm assuming that because > >> l2 local switching was developed with CEF in mind it should have bad > >> things about it, but I could be wrong... > >> > >> Dave. > >> > >> David Freedman wrote: > >> > Anybody know when this will be available? > >> > > >> > Currently does not work in 12.2(28)SB6 on 72xx > >> > > >> > ! > >> > int g0/3.28100 > >> > encaps dot1q 28 second-dot1q 100 > >> > ! > >> > int g0/3.28150 > >> > encaps dot1q 28 second-dot1q 150 > >> > ! > >> > > >> > (config)#connect foo Gi0/3.28100 Gi0/3.28150 > >> > QinQ not supported on GigabitEthernet0/3.28100 > >> > %CONN: invalid segment 1 > >> > %CONN: Invalid Command > >> > > >> > Many thanks > >> > > >> > David Freedman > >> > > >> > _______________________________________________ > >> > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > >> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > >> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > >> > >> _______________________________________________ > >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > _______________________________________________ > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
