On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Nassess, George wrote: > I am in the process of extending our distributed VoIP call center to a > partner company, and their networking staff are extremely adamant that > they do not wish to implement QoS on their remote LAN, the DS3 link that > the voice traffic will traverse, or the core LAN in our shared > datacenter.
I too would like to see a good discussion of this, as I'm getting prepared to implement VoIP here, on an 8540MSR core with Catalyst 5500-series distribution-access switches (using RSM's and RSFC's in each 5500-series to provide dual layer 3 uplinks into the core, collapsing access and distribution); Cat 5500's and 8500's don't implement all the things VoIP is supposed to require, but I'd like to see both sides, too. -- Lamar Owen Chief Information Officer Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute 1 PARI Drive Rosman, NC 28772 (828)862-5554 www.pari.edu _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
