You will also want to verify trap arrival via sniffer and not via your management tool. The tool may not have been configured to interpret the traps being received.
Greg Denton Network Engineering Brighthouse Networks 1218 Millennium Parkway Brandon, FL 33511 Ph: 813-436-2700 x74088 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Toomey, Brian Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:28 AM To: Daniel Lacey; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ONS 15454 SNMP traps I'm not sure what you are asking. You say ' I cannot get the ONS to send alarm/events as SNMP traps.' But then you say ' I have been able to verify that the box CAN send SNMP traps to the NOC server by performing and SNMP get with the wrong community string. I see the "SNMPv2-MIB::snmp Authentication Failure Trap", but that is all I have been able to "see".' Depending on the Software version on the ONS, you only need to put the trap receiver ip address in the Provisioning --> SNMP tab, and be sure that the shelf (TCC2) can reach it. If you are getting one trap you are getting them all. Try pulling a fiber from a live port, or pulling a card out of the shelf. You'll get traps. Brian -----Original Message----- From: Daniel Lacey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:39 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] ONS 15454 SNMP traps Dear experts, I cannot get the ONS to send alarm/events as SNMP traps. I have been able to verify that the box CAN send SNMP traps to the NOC server by performing and SNMP get with the wrong community string. I see the "SNMPv2-MIB::snmp Authentication Failure Trap", but that is all I have been able to "see". I can walk the whole MIB tree as well. Is there some other settings I am missing? Thanks in advance, Dan _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
