On Sun, 27 May 2007, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 05:30:55PM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
>> RG-59 isn't the right stuff,
>
> What's wrong with RG-59?  As far as I understand, the most important
> thing is "impedance 75 Ohms", which RG-59 fulfills...

I guess it is the right impedance, but I've never seen it used in a telco 
facility.  The bulk cable we use for short DS3 cross connects is much 
thinner stuff and easier to work with, while what the telco uses to go 
between floors in the CO is thick and very stiff cable.  I think it's 735 
and 734, but it's been a while since I've personally terminated any DS3s.

According to some docs from ADC, RG59 (used for DS3) has a maximum cable 
run length roughly half way between those of 735 and 734.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Senior Network Engineer     |  therefore you are
  Atlantic Net                |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to