Siva, What I am referring to is a hardware limitation on the switch that does not allow one to set a proper burst size for above a certain rate-limit threshold. Off the top of my head it was ~30 Mbps. So anything below that is probably OK. There is a brief description at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t30721-rate-limiting-with-3550-and-3750-troubles.html.
I am only trying to get the specifics. In this write up one of the folks on the thread states that the 3750 has a 1 MB total burst capability which translates into a 15 Mbps TCP stream that could be supported. Thanks, Paul >>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 1:54 PM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Siva Valliappan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > the C3750 is capable of wire rate forwarding so there should be no TCP > performance issue with vanilla forwarding. if you are having issues when > rate limiting is enabled it could be due to any number of reasons (e.g. > it is behaving as per configuration :) ) > > some more detail might help someone on the list answer your question. > such as topology, configuration, traffic pattern, etc. > > cheers > .siva > > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Paul Schopis wrote: > >> I am needing to find a concise description of an issue on the Cisco 3550 or > 3750. As I understand it there is an issue with getting good TCP performance > due to a hardware limitation (Broadcom Chipset?) that will not allow one to > properly set the burst size. I would like to understand this issue better and > seem to be having difficulty finding a good description of the issue. >> >> Thanks in advance, >> Paul >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
