On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, chiel wrote: > I'm looking for some program that will make backups of a cisco config from > serveral devices. > I have taken a quick look at Rancid for this but I would like to know if > there are any similar programs out there. > > My requirements: > -Security (ssh or snmpv3) > -Opensource (so that I can run it on a linux system)
As far as I know, rancid will handle these - I don't know about #1 for sure, but rancid will be, or can be made to run on your linux distro of choice. I wrote a backup system while at a previous job, however it does not do SNMPv3, though it could be made to do so with the appropriate development time. The other reason I never released it as a sourceforge project like I planned to was that I never got around to packaging the thing in a usable manner, i.e. never sat down to figure out the dark and arcane world of autoconf :) jms _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
