At 02:40 PM 6/20/2007, you wrote: >That brings up a related question. Does anyone have any recommendations >for using the overload-bit with a startup delay or BGP hold? We set it >to 5 minutes on boot. I figure that's just enough time for the BGP to >settle down. These 720-3BXLs are in an iBGP mesh with both border >routers and get a full Internet table from both. The RIB Update and BGP >Scanner processes don't usually settle down for 3-4 minutes. Should I >set a hard timeframe or should I just set it up to wait for BGP?
This is what we use on our Cisco & Foundry core network. This is obviously a Cisco config snippet. router isis net xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is-type level-2-only domain-password xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx metric-style wide ip fast-convergence set-overload-bit on-startup wait-for-bgp max-lsp-lifetime 65535 lsp-refresh-interval 65000 no hello padding log-adjacency-changes passive-interface Loopback0 maximum-paths 6 It works very well and we don't have any issues. -Robert Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995 http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211 "Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
