Thanks to all who responded. I am going to check into VRF. This is a new area for me - can someone help with a URL to start with? I think it was posted here a couple weeks ago, but I can't find it so far.
Changing providers is unfortunately not an option, much as I would like to. Separate sets of equipment also is not an option - everyone shares a backhaul to the data center. Michael > Michael Malitsky wrote: > > Hello, > > > > We are in the process of deploying an MPLS network > (carrier-provided) to > > connect several customers to a data center. The customer > locations are > > all separate entities and need to be completely isolated from each > > other. The carrier is now telling us that they will only announce a > > full set of routes (either through BGP or statically) to > all locations, > > and will not do any filtering or policy routing, or > anything else in the > > core. > > So question is, how do I make sure the various customer > locations stay > > segregated? I know the easy answer is to write ACLs on the > CPE routers > > (which I am providing), but since they are not under my physical > > control, that makes me somewhat uneasy. Are there any > better solutions? > > > > Use VRF-lite on your data center CE to segregate the customers? > > - -- > ========= > bep _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
