Hi Scott,

If I may ask:  What problem are you actually trying to solve?  I  
can't see how the idea below saves you anything from just shutting  
down the session.  You still incur a CPU hit when you withdraw all  
your routes by no longer receiving them from the upstream, and the  
internet still recalculates if you change the local preference.

On 22-Jun-07, at 4:25 PM, Voll, Scott wrote:

> Thanks to all that replied online and offline.
>
> I like the idea of decreasing Local Preference and not advertising and
> receiving routes.
>
> Thank again to all
>
> Scott
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael K. Smith - Adhost [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 1:10 PM
> To: Voll, Scott; [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Graceful way to terminate BGP Session
>
> Hi Scott:
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cisco-nsp-
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Voll, Scott
>> Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 12:59 PM
>> To: [email protected]
>> Subject: [c-nsp] Graceful way to terminate BGP Session
>>
>> I have two ISP running BGP.  I have just installed a Third and all
>> seems
>> to be working.
>>
>>
>>
>> We are going to terminate one of the former ISP BGP sessions.  Is
> there
>> a way to do this gracefully without causing all sorts of routing
>> issues?
>> I'm thinking shutting down the Gig port is not my best option.  Do I
>> just remove the BGP Neighbor?  Will that cause me issues also?
>>
>>
> You can shut down the neighbor.
>
> router bgp xxx
> neighbor 1.1.1.1 shutdown
>
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to