Dan look at the attached doc and see if it might help.. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/ c3550/12113ea1/3550scg/swtunnel.htp
Jeff Fitzwater OIT Network Systems Princeton University On Jun 24, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Dan wrote: > I'm a bit confused. The doc says that trunking is not allowed on a > l2protocol-tunnel port. How can I have multiple vlan's going across a > link if I can't trunk? > > Thanks, > Dan. > > Jeff Fitzwater wrote: >> The config you have, does not tag any vlan even though you have >> trunking enabled. You are sending vlan 509 as native with no 802.1Q >> taging. >> >> You could either set native to some other vlan or look into vlan >> tunneling, which double tags the packet so that it can traverse ISP >> that may be using your VLANs . Is the other end set up for >> trunking? >> >> It would be best if you looked at the CISCO doc on the Tunneling. I >> think the 3550 supports it. Also if the native vlans are different, >> and that is your intent, then you must disable CDP and ST or P for >> that vlan or the link will not come come up. Look at log for PVST >> ERRORS. >> >> >> Jeff Fitzwater >> OIT Network Systems >> Princeton University >> >> On Jun 23, 2007, at 2:38 PM, Dan wrote: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> I need to create a trunk between two of my 3550 switches which are >>> interconnected over my isp's network. I can establish the trunk >>> but I >>> cannot get any ip information across the trunk. I have many other >>> trunks setup but this is the only one I have across someone else's >>> network. Here is my config, its the same for both sides: >>> >>> interface Vlan509 >>> ip address 10.9.9.24 255.255.255.0 >>> ip ospf cost 50 >>> end >>> >>> interface FastEthernet0/8 >>> switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q >>> switchport trunk native vlan 509 >>> switchport trunk allowed vlan 509 >>> switchport mode trunk >>> no cdp enable >>> spanning-tree portfast >>> end >>> >>> sh interfaces trunk shows the vlan in spanning tree forwarding state >>> >>> This is a redundant link that I have setup that is why the ospf cost >>> is 50 >>> >>> What could be wrong? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Dan. >>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
