Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 02:55:02AM +1000, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Now I know what the concept is called. but needing a router sucks.

Actually I'm fairly sure I've seen support for VLAN tag rewrite on 
Catalyst 6500s as well.

There are some caveats (like "depending on the line card, a number of
ethernet ports share the same VLAN mapping table, because it's handled
by the same ASIC", and I'm sure that it won't work at all on certain 
boards) - and it might be somewhat over the budget.

OTOH, if a second-hand 6500 with Sup2 can do it (which I'm not sure),
it might not be *that* expensive either.

Dunno about smaller switches - might be there, or might not.

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to