Can we stop trolls? ...Skeeve
-----Original Message----- From: Larry Stites [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, 27 June 2007 6:57 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Possible Stupid Questions Alert - Combining VLAN's Skeeve, Below is pricing for Cisco 3800 series - if you need the update we can ship within 24 - 48 hours. 1 x CISCO3825 $4475 REFURBISHED (256Mb/32Mb) 2 x CISCO3825 $4875 NEW 1 x CISCO3825-SEC/K9 $4640 REFURB. 1 x CISCO3845 $7465 REFURB. 1 x CISCO 3845-HSEC/K9 USED $8750 1 x CISCO3845-HSEC/K9 NEW SEALED $10200 Regards, Larry Stites NorthernCaliforniaNetworks, Inc. Nevada City, CA 95959 530 320 4194 direct [EMAIL PROTECTED] AOL IM: LESGGN on 6/25/07 9:55 AM, Skeeve Stevens wrote: > Damn and Awesome ;-) > > > > Now I know what the concept is called. but needing a router sucks. > > > > .Skeeve > > > > From: Joe Freeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Tuesday, 26 June 2007 2:53 AM > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Cc: Cisco-nsp > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Possible Stupid Questions Alert - Combining VLAN's > > > > You're looking for 802.1q tag rewrite. That said, it appears Cisco only does > it in routers or on EoMPLS. > > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guid > e09186a008016102a.html#wp1279134 > > I checked the feature navigator as well, and as a feature, it's only in a > couple of variants of 12.4 , and then only on a few platforms (3845, 7200). > > Joe > > On 6/25/07, Skeeve Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > As I said - Possible Stupid Question Alert ;-) > > What I want to do I think is valid, so please keep flames on low! > > I want to literally be able to change a VLAN's number in a path of switches. > > For example: in a peering point we have half a dozen ISP's sharing a central > switch for some private peering. > > All connections are Trunks so the different ISP's can patch dot1q VLAN's to > each other in whatever way they like. > > The issue is with conflicting VLAN numbers in the switch chain (involving > 3750G, 3550, 3560G, 3524XL) and the trunks to the ISP's themselves. > > So, when there is a conflict, I'd essentially like to 'renumber' the VLAN > and then pass it off up the chain so their isn't a conflict in the path. > > Ideally. > > ISP - uses 100 > Sends up trunk into shared switch > Switch turns vlan 100 into vlan 650 and then sends out link to upstream > switch and it is forever 650. > > Or something like that. > > I realise I could just burn 2 ports and put a x-over cable between them, but > it seems such a waste. > > It would also be done on a router, but we don't have that kit available. > > I'm ready for useful comments and a share of ridicule. > > For those with a massive amount of money who can buy anything their like and > may respond 'just by a 6509', please remember that not all of us have > massive amounts of unlimited funding to $100k on a 10G interface for a GSR > when 100k might be out yearly budget! ;-) > > .Skeeve > > > > -- > Skeeve Stevens, RHCE > [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> / www.skeeve.org > Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 / skype://skeeve > > eintellego - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.eintellego.net > -- > I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse > Is vis pacem, para bellum > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list <mailto:[email protected]> > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
