On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Robert Blayzor wrote: > How are these actually connected to your network and 6500's? The > ME3400's have UNI ports which can only pass traffic to an NNI ports and > not to any other ports. (unless you setup some community VLAN's etc)
That sounds like the issue. I'll have to check with the telco, but I bet the the vlan our two ports are in is uni-isolated. I haven't physically seen the setup, but I know each of our 6500's has a single FE into the telco 3400. I assume the ports we go into on the 3400 are UNI ports. Traffic then goes through the telco's network to a single UNI port per customer (I'm assuming). i.e. 6500----3400---telconetwork---CPE2912---customernetwork 6500-----| What I'm seeing now is that the two 6500's can't ping each other's IPs in one of these customer vlans, but can ping customer IPs behind the CPE 2912. I would have thought even with uni-isolated ports on the 3400, traffic between the 6500s (like pinging one 6500 vlan interface IP from ther other 6500) would be able to flow down to and through the CPE 2912 switch, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll see if I can have them set our vlan to uni-vlan community, but if that doesn't work, I'll probably just have a 2912 put between the 3400 and our 6500s. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Lewis | I route Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are Atlantic Net | _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
