I currently have a 7507 in place, but as we all know due to routing table sizes it's useful days are winding to an end.
I am looking to replace this, and am considering putting in something a little smaller in size, but can't find anything on real througputs I can expect. I see that the new 7201 has 4 GE ports, and if I went with say a 7206VXR/NPE-G2 it has 3 GE ports on the NPE. My needs are as follows, I am going to have GE uplinks to two providers at this time, taking full routing. I am also going to be sending a GE connection to my Catalyst switch for the local server farm. I will also have a couple DS3's, that would go on PA adapters of course. We currently run a about 300meg over the GE link into the servers, which of course sends 300meg out the other GE's as well to our transit providers. We plan some expansion/increased bandwidth usage, so need to think about what we put in place. Now my question comes from the fact I know Cisco says the GE ports are not counted in capacity on the PA adapter bus, but what type of throughput can the actual NPE's support? Can either either the 7201, or the NPE-G2 take and run it's GE ports at full speed?? If not, what type of capacity can be expected?? I am sure open to any recommendations, or ideas. Know I could get something like a GSR, and use some single or 3pt GE cards, and a DS3 card, but seems unless I spend a fortune and get the most current stuff that Cisco has out, I'll be in an older IOS, and probably stuff that is being left behind in favor of the XR code. As always thanks for any input.. Regards... --- Howard Leadmon - [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
