On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 16:08 -0500, ChrisSerafin wrote: > I'm a Cisco bigot, but when it comes to security, Cisco is lacking. I > would go with a perimeter router for routing/BGP and a NS SSG for the > security portion.
What you may not be aware of is that the recommended deployment mode for a Juniper/Netscreen is routed; therefore if the OP is in a routed network of any appreciable size, passing off the routing to something else is unlikely to be on the table. FWIW we run Juniper/Netscreens as eBGP routers between lots of MPLS VPN VRFs and they work fine. I haven't used an ASA so can't compare. > > Chris Serafin > Security Engineer > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > Zahid Hassan wrote: > > Dear All, > > > > > > > > Can anyone please comment or give any insight about the > > Juniper Netscreen SSG 140 versus the Cisco ASA 5510 series. > > > > I am looking for BGP support on my perimeter firewalls and as the Cisco ASA > > 5500 > > series still doesn't support BGP, I am thinking of going for the SSG 140 > > series. > > > > Any comment on the feature and reliability differences, will be greatly > > appreciated. > > > > > > > > Thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > > > Zahid > > > > _______________________________________________ > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
