> Beware that using SNMP to actually *configure* has some caveats; in > particular, on 6500s using SSO, config changes made via SNMP are not > mirrored to the standby supervisor (I presume this is still true on > latest SXF - was on earlier SXF)
I've been asked about this off-list, so the relevant link: http://tinyurl.com/3dnd7v """Configuration changes made through SNMP are not synchronized to the redundant supervisor engine. After you configure the switch through SNMP, copy the running-config file to the startup-config file on the active supervisor engine to trigger synchronization of the startup-config file on the redundant supervisor engine""" So in actual fact it's not as bad as I remembered - a "wr mem" will sync them back up again, but to be noted I guess. Ironically, one can trigger a "wr mem" over SNMP IIRC... _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
