Replace 2611 with 2821 (supports onboard IPSec hardware acceleration).
Copy and paste configuration from the old router.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Silly Questions
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Replacing a 2611 with PIX 515E + PIX 7.2

Hello there,

I have three IOS routers in different sites all interconnected via
OSPF over GRE over IPSec. It's working perfectly. One of the routers
at one of the sites is getting overloaded due to the IPSec, so I want
to replace it with a PIX running 7.2 code.

The PIX doesn't support GRE so I have to re-think how this is all
setup and I'm looking for suggestions. I'm not sure if I should get
rid of GRE across the board and just do OSPF over IPSec (I'm not sure
if IOS can do straight OSPF over IPSec without a tunnel of some sort,
but it appears PIX 7.2 can) or what my options are here.

Any thoughts welcome.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which 
it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other 
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is 
prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to