Quoting Rick Kunkel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > Hello all, > > I just went through a 2-day troubleshooting session, due to a bunch of > errors using a PA-A3-T3 and a third party's mux. In the end, upon the > advice of a couple of people, we put a signal attentuator inline, and the > errors have stopped. > > I already mentioned that the module of ours was the PA-A3-T3. I don't > know who makes the mux. The coax between these devices is about 35 feet. > The attenuator is supposedly around 10db. Using a testing tool, I'm told > that the signal strength coming from their equipment went from about 2.4db > to -7.6db.
If it's 35 feet end-to-end between PAs, then I'd guess it's a bit short for a DS3 and the signal levels might be higher than expected. OTOH 35 feet from a demarc isn't too unreasonable. (Our distance from demarc is a few hundred feet.) Did you set the cablelength parameter on the interface on IOS? IIRC it helps set the signal strength range for a given build out. Cheers, Jeff C. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
