Masood, Thanks for the advice. Current IOS is 12.2(13)T16. We'll look into upgrading it. I'll have to see what will support the NPE300; we're running very few features, though, so I don't expect to have an issue...
The GBIC is plugged into a Bridgewave radio; power cycling the radio does not resolve the issue, only cycling the router does, so I think the issue is on the router end. But we'll keep in mind the suggestion. Thanks again, Adam ----- Original Message ----- From: "Masood Ahmad Shah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "'Adam Greene'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[email protected]> Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 9:19 PM Subject: RE: [c-nsp] 7204vxr freeze-up question > Well, which IOS version you run? > > I know there are some issues with Intel chipset while it gets connected > into > cisco GBIC. I strongly suggest updating driver of NIC (if there is), > upgrade > IOS or change your NIC to check it out... > > > Regards, > Masood Ahmad Shah > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Greene > Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:43 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] 7204vxr freeze-up question > > Hi, > > I'm running into an issue with a 7204VXR/NPE-300 router with 128MB RAM. > > A 1000Base-SX GBIC is plugged into one of the slots (not sure of the part > # > of the card into which the GBIC plugs). > > We were running some dueling gateways speed tests with the router (packet > stream is sent via iPerf to router A, which forwards it to router B, which > forwards it back to router A, which forwards it back to router B, until > TTL > is decremented to 0). > > Soon after I start sending 75Mbps - 80Mbps of traffic to the router's gig > interface via iPerf, the gig interface stops sending / receiving any > traffic > whatsoever. The CLI of the router remains up, the gig interface reports it > is up / up, memory and cpu utilization remain low. No logs are generated. > Traffic on other interfaces is unaffected. I shut / no shut the gigabit > interface, but traffic still refuses to pass. Only a reload of the router > rectifies the issue. > > I wonder if there is a debug command that could provide some insight into > the problem. At this point I am suspecting a hardware issue (GBIC, card, > or > backplane). > > Thanks for any insights .... > > Adam > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > > > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
