Thanks for the feedback.... it's happening every hour or two in the logs.... I have adjusted the renewal time on the DHCP though - we had set it to one hour while getting things online - changed it to 24 hours hoping that this will alleviate the issue possibly.... it's quite possible that all 1000+ devices are renewing their IP's at exactly the same time currently - this will change over time but they were all brought online at the same time.... If there's anything I can adjust to work around this I'd love to hear back - these devices were being served via a 6500 at one point and didn't have any issues ... Thanks, Paul
_____ From: Karol Mares [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 9:41 AM To: Paul Stewart Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Re: Error Msgs Hi, On 9/2/07, Paul Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi there.... There's lots of memory free on the box... There's about 1000 devices connected to it - do I need to fine tune buffers? Also, am providing DHCP services to all these devices... Thanks! dis2-rtr-tu#sh processes memory sorted Processor Pool Total: 948488604 Used: 20778360 Free: 927710244 I/O Pool Total: 39845376 Used: 14150160 Free: 25695216 PID TTY Allocated Freed Holding Getbufs Retbufs Process 0 0 57090732 16619932 28420708 0 0 *Init* 130 0 1570744 428 974472 0 0 DHCPD Receive >From what i can see here , it is a IP Input process.Chunk can not be allocated when the box is running out of memory, the memory is fragmented from the malloc(), free() functions or if the malloc() function wants to allocate 0 size of chunk. It is also possible that the memory was bit fragmented and there were many DHCP requests send on the box. I have seen silimiar chunk problem on 3825 running EzVPN server -- iso _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
