(I'm not the original poster)

On 8/21/07, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Usually you don't want to provision more than 50% of your BW for LLQ.
> Experience has shown that this can introduce some delay..

I have a recurring scenario in which the customers want one symmetric
line for voice and one symmetric or asymmetric line for data.
Naturally they want failover if one line is down.

They accept that if one line goes down, they get reduced data
bandwidth and/or a reduced number of concurrent calls, but of course
they won't accept reduced voice quality.

Configuring QoS on the "data" line, is a easy, LLQ for up to 50%
depending on specifics.

But given your comment above, how do you recommend configuring the QoS
on the "voice" line?

I've read the follow-ups regarding LLQ without bandwidth argument, but
I'm not running 12.0S but 12.2T (want to run 12.4 as per other mail in
this list that doesn't seem to be getting through), and the PQ
documentation seems to be not class-based but acl-based which means 1)
it's old 2) it's subject to ACL performance problems?
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to