Guys, One thing I did not see in the thread are the HW load balancers you can install inside the 6500. You could use either the somewhat older CSM or the newer ACE modules: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/ps780/index.html http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6906/index.html
Arie -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adrian Chadd Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 17:07 PM To: Adam Greene Cc: Cisco-nsp Subject: Re: [c-nsp] hardware load balancer? On Thu, Sep 13, 2007, Adam Greene wrote: > F5 was mentioned most frequently in a positive way IOS SLB on > 7200/6500 and Foundry were also mentioned positively and frequently Depending on the 6500 hardware you're using you might find SLB to be slightly temperamental. I'm not sure whether it was just our local Cisco rep trying to have us bust out the cheque book or not, but the feedback we got was "IOS SLB on Supervisor 2 is a miracle and not really intended for use." I'm not sure if any of my coworkers ever filed TAC bugs when the 6500 would "forget" things and require a reboot. Adrian _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
