On Mon, Oct 15, 2007, Joe Maimon wrote:
> So after over a year of issues with ACL's/CBAC I get the word.
> 
> "CBAC is unsupported on 7500 series"
> 
> However, a google search of "CBAC" "7500" turns up:
> 
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/prod_brochure09186a00800886e4.html
> 
> This isnt very funny. Is it only the 7500 platform which gets 
> retroactively unsupported features? Why isnt it in release notes? 
> Howcome there are no CLI prompts for unsupported features?

I don't think its just the 7500. There's plenty of examples of supported
features becoming unsupported because of "bugs" in the hardware.

Eg: The Cisco 3550 12.1 vs 12.2 MQC policy map matching rules; I think
the 3550's even did netflow at some point(!); the Cisco PXF based stuff
becoming "unsupported" because (and I'm semi-quoting from memory here)
they couldn't resolve all the bugs?

Who bought NPE-G1's and got pissed off that you couldn't really use
the second CPU even though Cisco kept saying it was groundbreaking? :)




Adrian

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to