We get transit from Level3. I was hoping if I manipulate the right community I could influence the Level3/Cogent peering making Cogent less preferred.
Tim:> On Nov 16, 2007 2:03 PM, Jonathan Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > If that is your desire, then prepend away. I would not be surprised if you > need to prepend more than one on their link to push the route down the > prefered list. > > If you peer directly with Level3/Cogent then you could just prepend your ASN > a few times on the announcements for 208.74.141.0/24 to them and get the > same effect. > > -Jonathan > > -----Original Message----- > From: Tim Durack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:27 AM > To: Jonathan Crawford > Cc: Cisco-nsp > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Level3/Cogent/HVDataNet specific routing problem - > looking for suggestions > > > I was hoping prepending the Level3/Cogent peering would make Cogent a > less preferred way to get to me. > > > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
