> although I suppose we
 could always have it enabled and control whether or
> not the system
 pxeboots via the dhcpd configuration (both was the
> original plan...)

>I'm guessing that the PXE boot is being done for installations, in which
>case you really don't want to depend on whether the helper address was
>configured or not to prevent 'surprise' reinstalls. If the concern is
>potentially forwarding lots of garbage at the boot server, then try
>whittling down 'ip forward-protocol'.
>
>(To answer your actual question though, as far as I know your best approach
>would be to CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB snippets into running-config)

        Well, we were going to use both 'whether the helper address was 
configured' and whether the MAC address of the NIC (which would've been 
configured dynamically via an application in which it gets added/removed from 
the configuration for the DHCP server) to determine whether it should be PXE 
booted, and we weren't really initially thinking of autoinstalls we were 
thinking of having an autobooting rescue environment similar to a busybox shell 
which booted which would allow us to resolve issues remotely on a plethora of 
linux machines which are not local.

Sorry I wasn't clear from the onset.

Thanks,
-Drew




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to