On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Robert Blayzor wrote: > "Pingsta" is clearly breaking federal laws. > > http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.shtm > > > It's obvious they are harvesting email addresses from this list. > Regardless if someone was "carefully selected" to receive their > mailings, if someone didn't "opt in", it's spam.
I have no idea who pingsta is, nor do I like spam, but I don't think you can quite say "it's obvious they are harvesting email addresses" and accuse them of breaking a federal law without posting some evidence to support that. To me, it's not obvious because I've been posting to cisco-nsp for years and can't remember getting an email from them. That doesn't mean you're not correct, but you have to admit you're being a little over the top. Andy --- Andy Dills Xecunet, Inc. www.xecu.net 301-682-9972 --- _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
