On Tue, January 8, 2008 10:58 pm, Justin Shore wrote: > That may be but I've only ever seen 2 networks using EIGRP. I know of > many SPs that are using IS-IS and I'm sure there are thousands running > OSPF. Back when I took it just about every other question was some > obscure question on the intricacies of EIGRP and DUAL. Were the > questions based on what IGP the engineer was likely to encounter in the > field then most of the questions should have been OSPF followed by the > RIPs, IS-IS and EIGRP. I guess since it's Cisco's protocol and Cisco's > test they're going to quiz you on what *they* want you to know. :-) A > near perfect score on the other protocols wasn't enough to offset the > blackhole that was my EIGRP score. C'est la vie...
Enterprise / SP split? IME, SPs tend towards OSPF or IS-IS (or every once in a while, invent their own *grin*), Enterprises towards EIGRP or RIP. That would be my complaint - CCNA feels quite Enterprise-centric, VLSM rather than CIDR, "how would you subnet between buildings / floors" questions, etc. Still, I guess that's the bulk of their customer base... Regards, Tim. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
