>> I am sure that the Netflow analyzer guys out there must have some  
>> internal tool for doing this (although maybe they don't care about  
>> the timestamps the way I do), but no one is kicking it out to open  
>> source---at least as far as I can tell.
> 
> I don't know of a tool which allows one to generate flows in such a  
> manner; I think it would be quite useful in the scenario you describe,  
> though.
> 
> If you used ntop or fprobe or nfdump as your exporter, though, along  
> with Xen or VMWare, would that work for your application?

Yeah, it definitely would work.  I'd have more components to break, etc., but 
that's definitely a great idea! Thanks!

jms

-- 
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http://www.opus1.com/jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to