Hello folks, I'm trying to simplify some VoIP QoS on a Cisco 7206 VXR with a PA-MC-T3 card used for T1's.
On the far end of the T1s we have CPE equipment that sets the dscp class for our VoIP traffic as it comes through to us. It's of course set to be "ef". I'm wondering if this config on our T1's will work for classifying and prioritizing that traffic: class-map match-any RT match ip dscp ef match ip dscp cs5 class-map match-any BE match ip dscp cs1 match ip dscp default class-map match-any NC match ip dscp cs6 match ip dscp cs7 class-map match-any SG match ip dscp cs3 match ip dscp cs4 match ip dscp af31 match ip dscp af41 policy-map Serial_T1 class NC bandwidth percent 5 class RT priority percent 90 class SG bandwidth percent 5 class class-default fair-queue interface s4/0/..... max-reserved-bandwidth 100 service-policy output Serial_T1 The one main thing I'm unclear of is the "priority percent 90" directive in the Serial_T1 policy-map. I'm not familiar with the "priority" directive. Plus, it seems to be classifying more dscp classes than I really need. We're really just marking the VoIP (SIP & RTP) traffic with ef on the far end CPE. What I want to make sure of is that the VoIP traffic can take up to 90% of the overall pipeline if it needs it, BUT if VoIP traffic isn't present, the full pipeline is available for use. Am I missing something here? Thanks very much, -Nick Voth _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
