Hi there, It looks like im going to have to script this. MRTG thresholds will only do things when an SNMP OID reaches or exceeds a certain value. Given that the 2^32 counter for the interface octets will reset once reaching 4294967296 this is much less than the threshold I want to set.
I hope that makes sense. Cheers, Aaron. -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Boyd Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:31 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] SNMP traffic monitoring / alerting recent versions of MRTG do this. http://www.cloudnet.com/~tom/mrtg/thresh.html has better notes than mone on how to set it up. On Feb 14, 2008, at 12:14 AM, Aaron R wrote: > Hey Guys, > > > > Has anyone come across a good app (open source or not) that will > monitor the > amount of traffic flowing in/out a particular interface and alert > you once a > certain threshold has been reached? Alerting via email would be > preferable. > I don't really have the time to invest in writing a script in perl > as I can > see there will be headaches with keeping track of the interface > counter > resets. > > > > Thanks for any advice as always. > > > > Aaron. > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
