Hi Matthew, I'm not sure about the logged message, but I've seen the "TP-self-signed" certificates when I enable "ip http secure-server" and IOS generates a certificate for this. If you don't use the certificates you can could just remove them and see if that helps.
I couldn't figure out from your mail whether the VPN succeeds. Is that message the only thing it says from a debug? I'm not very familiar with VTI, having only used IPSec/GRE, but does a "debug crypto isakmp" gives you any meaningful information? Regards, Peter On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 08:44 -0800, matthew zeier wrote: > Trying to setup a VTI IPSEC VPN between a 3845 and an 1841. The 3845 > has a couple vpns already up and working, one of which is a VTI to a 2800. > > The log just spits out: > > > CRYPTO-3-IKMP_QUERY_KEY : Querying key pair failed. > > Cisco says - > > Explanation: A public key or private key query attempt that used a > subject name has failed. > > Recommended Action: Check the subject name in the certificate. > > I'm not sure what cert it's talking about or how to fix that. The 1841 > does have > > crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-2501804736 > enrollment selfsigned > subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-2501804736 > revocation-check none > rsakeypair TP-self-signed-2501804736 > > crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-signed-2501804736 > ... > > Neither of those exist on any of my other routers and I'm not familiar > with them. > > Any clues? > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
