Hello Peter: On Mar 12, 2008, at 3:42 AM, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> Hello all, > > When "browsing" BGP RIB, it's nice to be able to do a "show ip bgp > community X" in global exec. But sometimes I of course want to show > something more complex, like everything _without_ a specific > community. > The only way I know about is creating a community-list and using that > for filtering, but that forces me to configure the box. > > Is there any "shorthand" from global exec to do something like that? > We > have scripts backing config up on every "Configured by", so having to > configure the box just to do a show seems a little cumbersome. Or is > there a much smarter way to do things? :-) > I realize you're asking a bigger question but, in answer to your one above, you can do a "sho ip bgp community | exclude <whatever you want to exclude>". One thing I noticed is that the pattern matching appears to look for everything after the ":" in the new-format. So, we match all incoming routes from TWTC with 11274:4323. When I try to match 11274:4323 I get nothing. When I match 4323 I get everything *but* 11274:4323. Regards, Mike _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
