Why not use something like RAD's RICi-T3. I'm sure it would be a whole lot less money, and much more straight-forward.
Frank -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Coulson Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:09 PM To: Cisco Subject: [c-nsp] 7301 w/ bridge-group Hi- I am looking at a deployment with a pair of 7301s with two DS-3s connecting them. The intention is to extend an Ethernet segment from one port across the two DS-3s to a port on the second 7301. Having used bridge-groups in the past for high bandwidth applications, I realize that they perform horribly and everything is process switched. 1) Is my assumption that the NPE-G2 will process switch everything accurate? Last device I tried this on was a RSP4 based 7500, so I realize the architecture is very different. 2) Is using L2TPv3 pseudo-wire with the DS-3s running as L3 routed interfaces going to get better performance on this platform? 3) Did I miss something about bonding serial interfaces and having them in a bridge group? I can't even fathom how that is supposed to work. If anyone has other suggestions, I'm open to them. David _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
