On Thursday 27 March 2008, Dan Armstrong wrote: > The reason I don't want to raise it too high - is if > we're selling TLS services to a customer, (ie a VLAN > provisioned on 2 ports on different switches, carried > across our core/trunks) - I don't want them being able to > send any packet larger than 1500 byes.
You can run Jumbo frames on core-facing interfaces and baby giants or standard frames on customer-facing ports. We do 9,000 bytes in the core and 1,600 toward customers. We evaluate customer requests for anything > 1,600 bytes on a case-by-case basis. > I've also never been too clear on the interaction between > the system mtu command, and the system mtu jumbo command. > I've always just made them match... And the 3560G's we've looked at also have 'system mtu routing', which I presume sets the MTU for IP routing features, which is a cool feature if your switches participate in your OSPF domain but also provide larger frame support to customers. Cheers, Mark.
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
