Phil Mayers schrieb: > Gerald Krause wrote: >> On one of my systems I need to have a greater Ethernet-MTU for MPLS > > What equipment? Some kit IIRC cannot set a lower IP MTU e.g. 3550? I > could be wrong on that.
It's a 7200VXR/PA-FE-TX. > Well, at the Cisco end you can: > > int blah > ip ospf mtu-ignore > > ...but the Cisco may still transmit MTU!=1500 which may fox the other end. Jep, I've tested this some time ago but it doesn't had the effect I was looking for. >> ! >> interface fastethernet 0 >> mtu 1530 >> ip mtu 1500 >> mpls ip >> ! > > That's what you want - we have this on our 6500s: > > int vlanX > mtu 9212 > ip mtu 9100 > mpls ip Ok, so "ip mtu" will influence OSPF but not MPLS? That would be fine for me (at the moment). -- Gerald (ax/tc) _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
