Can you tell me the models that support a higher MTU on a Fa port? I don't seem to find that information on the cisco website.
Thanks Alex > [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> wrote on Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:44 AM: > >> Hey, >> >> I have a problem that i just can't resolve. I hope someone will be >> able to help. >> >> Here's the situation. I have 2 client switches (Catalyst 2400) each >> connected on a separate border router (7200). Between the router is a >> L2TPv3 tunnel. >> >> When i test the connection (RFC 2544) i get the result i expect >> +/-90Mb/s as long as the packet size is smaller then 1518. Once the >> packet size is 1518 the cpu of one of the two routers gets to 100% >> and the throughput lowers to +/-30Mb/s after about 30 seconds. >> >> I tested the maximum MTU with a ping and found out it's at 1472. >> >> I tried to change the ip mtu and mss to correct values (even tried >> lower values) but it didn't help. When i sniff the connection i >> noticed the mss value isn't the value i put one the interface. The >> lowest value i have seen is 1460 (wich should be allright). > > Well, you need to increase the IP MTU on the core/uplink interface to > avoid fragmentation (as you've already assumed). You might fail doing so > as you seem to be using an I/O FE port which doesn't support a higher > MTU, but on the NPE-G1 side, you should be able to my increasing "mtu" > on the main interface and setting "ip mtu" on the subinterfaces (if you > want them lower than the main MTU). > enabling PMTU within the PW-class sets the DF-bit, so packets are > dropped if they need to be fragmented. > > oli > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
