The 3550 cannot stack with the 3750. There is a capability called clustering that will allow single IP address management. Clustering is not stacking (single entity) that you see when 3750's are connected using the stack cable.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/relea se/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swclus.html > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of P.V.Sankar > Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 8:53 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] Stacking 3750s with 3550 > > > Hi, > I have a requirement of implementing standby(HSRP) for 6509 with two 3750s > (each with 12 SFP ports) & one 3550(2 Gigabit & 48 Fast Ethernet Ports). I > have stacked 3750s as a single unit. This is taking care of my SVI HSRP > requirement. I want to make 3550 also part of the 3750 stack, so it can > take > care of my routed ports. I would like to know whether it is possible to > make > 3550 switch part of 3750 stack using gigabit ports etherchannelling. Just > i > got the idea, but i am not sure whether it is technically possible. > > Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated. > > Thanks & Regards, > Sankar > > -- > Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org) > ------- End of Forwarded Message ------- > > > -- > Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org) > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
