Peter Rathlev <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:34 PM:
> Hi Oliver, > > On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 15:08 +0200, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote: >> this was just recently discussed on the list, check out the thread >> "Cisco 10K MPLS VPN", for example at >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/83117 >> Let me know if you need more info.. > [...] > > I tried it out, and I had btw also overlooked the fact that "mpls > traffic-eng router-id" under "router isis" should not be the regular > loopback also used for BGP next-hop, but instead my TE loopback. Well, not necessarily.. Trick is to set your BGP next-hop to something which is only routed over the tunnel. There are several ways to do this. If the BGP next-hop is different from the TE router-id, you need to enable LDP on the tunnel ("mpls ip") in order to transport tagged packets. Actually: You almost always want to enable LDP on the tunnel if you use TE for MPLS pkts (L2VPN/L3VPN).. > And > all explicit-path hops should be the TE loopbacks. Stupid thing to > overlook, but I'm glad I found out. :-) You can also use interface addresses to force tunnels over (or away from) specific interfaces. > I still have one question though: Is there any way of doing > "destination based" routing? I was thinking about something along the line of PBR, > with explicit selection of path/tunnel based on source and destination > at both ends, e.g. somehow using the tunnel as next hop in the VRF. I > guess I can adjust the BGP next-hop in an inbound route-map on PE1 > just as well as I can outbound on PE2. But that only solves part of the > problem. What if I'd like to treat different source networks in the > same VRF on the same PE differently? I know this is asking much, but maybe > there's a way... You can use policy-based routing on the VRF interface, but this requires a recent 12.2SR or 12.2SXH to work in a VRF context. You then just match the pkts using an ACL, and set the outgoing interface to the TE tunnel. oli _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
