That sounds like a problem with OSX.  You need to get a more verbose
explanation of what the issue is.

Fred Reimer, CISSP, CCNP, CQS-VPN, CQS-ISS
Senior Network Engineer
Coleman Technologies, Inc.
954-298-1697


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:cisco-nsp-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of matthew zeier
> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 1:54 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] EAP SSL certificates - how to?
> 
> GeoTrust is a well known root CA and I don't get prompts going to
> websites signed by them.  I do, however, if I use the same cert for
> RADIUS.  The error is "unknown trust setting".
> 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >> What's the magic to getting an EAP SSL cert (WLCs using RADIUS for
> WPA
> >> Enterprise) to work with machines without getting cert warnings?
> >>
> >> I've used a self-signed one and got unknown root errors (expected)
> and
> >> took a GeoTrust cert off a webserver and got unknown trust settings
> in
> >> OSX.  In either case, going into the OS certificate store and
> setting
> >> the trust settings gets me past that but I'd rather not confuse
> users.
> >
> > the root CA that signed the cert needs to be in the store of the
> client.
> > for self-signed this means you must put the CA onto the client..
> >
> > alan
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to