Dracul wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm building a design that involves having a 2nd BGP router to act as a > backup if something goes wrong with the main router (heaven forbid). I have > two peers to different ISP's. There are some questions I have in mind: > > a. Should my configuration involve route reflectors?
No, not with just two routers. > b. Do I need interconnectivity between the 2 routers? ethernet or serial? Yes. If in the same building, ethernet makes more sense. > c. Where would the two ISP links attach? Router A or B? For best redundancy, one to each. IBGP between them, HSRP/VRRP towards the LAN. Note that the above is very generic, much more information is needed to come up with a sensible design. -- Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Impulse Internet Service - http://www.impulse.net/ Your local telephone and internet company - 805 884-6323 - WB6RDV _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
