Hello, I am curious if anyone is experiencing bugs with the 1841 platform? In our case it's acting as a firewall, and terminating 5 IPSEC tunnels. Also routing between several VLANs. No dynamic routing protocols. Remote access via SSH. It seems that we are getting a bunch of error messages in the logs generated by the CRYPTO engine. The worst part is that any changes I try to make remotely cause the router to crash (crash means router completely unresponsive, even at console, and requires a reboot). As an example, here's the last change that caused a crash: access-list 140 permit ip host 192.168.1.59 host 172.29.1.104 where access-list 140 has not been previously defined. Making changes from the console is a bit more predictable, but has also caused crashes. I am afraid to turn on debugging of any sort, with it being so unstable.
I don't see the router low on memory, nor very high on CPU utilization. Traffic levels are a few Mb at most. We've tried IOS versions 12.4(3), 12.4(19), and 12.4(18a) - the last one was a suggestion from TAC. All are Advanced Security versions, all show same instability. Am I correct that this router is not really meant to do all this, and we should put an ASA in it's place, or am I missing something? Thanks for any suggestions, Michael _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
