I've had the same problem a couple of months ago and asked here a question 
about it, I'll save you the time searching the archives, nobody could give me a 
certain answer about this, but they all pointed to the dram, so I finally 
decided to replace the whole bank (they were a fresh purchased dimms so I've 
got RMA on them) and that solved the problem.
So my suggestion is to first go and replace the whole bank, and put the device 
back to work, then, if you want to know for sure which dimm is the bad one, 
test it later on a lab environment, on another offline router, if you have such 
possibility.


Ziv


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of virendra rode //
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 3:11 AM
To: 'cisco-nsp'
Subject: [c-nsp] %BCM-4-ECC_MEMORY: Corrected ECC from memory - 7206vxr/npe-g1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I'm seeing sustained occurrence of this message "%BCM-4-ECC_MEMORY:
Corrected ECC  from memory" on 7206vxr/npe-g1.

Is there a test that I can run to figure out which memory (dimm) is gone
bad before I go about and swap entire memory bank.

tia,


regards,
/virendra



-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIGlwWpbZvCIJx1bcRAmWwAKDYVmNH6wC8gL4hRG6IaUVqJoa2XgCfVQ8Q
+1RGcS93US1hO4ZU2kfUbsk=
=CInb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/





************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************





 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to