On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:

> The issue with VRFs is that it can't do policy routing,
> because it's already a routing table selection... I agree
> that box security should be taken care with CoPP. Put
> Internet customers on the main VRF, but carefully design
> ACL, policy-routing and CoPP to reach your security
> goals. VRFs are great with overlapping IP spaces, but on
> the Internet where everybody on the world agrees on an
> addressing plan, just use plaing routing.

I agree with this - having global (Internet) routes in a 
VRF, I think, adds complexity.

One situation where we have considered doing this is when we 
want a specific PE router to have access to only a specific 
set of routes on a public border router. Other than that, 
we keep it quite simple :-).

Cheers,

Mark.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to