-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Hennigan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 5/7/2008 10:15 PM
To: Daniel Hooper
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] 3550-12T rack ears
 
Daniel Hooper wrote:
> I'm attempting to install rack ears onto a collection of 12T's I have, for 
> some reason the screw holes on the ears only line up on the right hand side 
> of the switch, on the other side the holes are slightly out and it's not 
> possible to fit the ear onto it, it doesnt matter if im mounting them on the 
> front, back or center of the switch, the left side of the switch holes are 
> all slightly out.
> 
> Have i just got the wrong rack mount kit? I've mounted these in the past with 
> no hassle's, with the same batch of ears that I have for them today.

>>If the serial number ends in a 7, you need a different rack mount kit, 
>>unless it's also prime.

>>Seriously, Cisco's need to produce a different hole pattern for rack 
>>ears every time they introduce a different 1U box never ceases to amaze. 
>>  There are at least nine different incompatible Cisco 1U rack ear 
>>patterns.  When you finally get ears with the right pattern, expect the 
>>screws to be some odd-sized thread pattern unavailable anywhere.  (28xx 
>>routers are a mild example).

>>--
>>Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Impulse Internet Service  -  http://www.impulse.net/
>>Your local telephone and internet company - 805 884-6323 - WB6RDV

It's totally odd that the holes are a different pattern on each side of the 
switch, I'll check tomorrow on the serial number but I needed it to go into the 
rack today so unfortunately it got made to fit with a cordless drill and 
removing the shell of the switch and adding some extra screw holes.

`sif cisco could maintain any type of consistency across product lines. 

-Dan
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to