Hi, Can someone explain the role of the reflector port when configuring an rspan session on a 2950 switch?
Does the port need to be up? >From what I can work out from the doco the port is put into a loopback state so no device connected to it will pass any packets. I have a remote switch, 70 metre's up a tower, it's a logistical nightmare to get to, I need to capture traffic on trunk port Fas 0/10, from my readings this should be enough to achieve what I want: Fas 0/10 - The interface I want to monitor VLAN 66 - an unused VLAN I want to send the output to Fas 0/11 - An unused interface Monitor session 1 source interface FastEthernet 0/10 both Monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 66 reflector-port FastEthernet 0/11 I'm hoping I can then configure an access-port for vlan 66 on another switch upstream and capture frames from Fas0/10 on the 2950. Thanks -Dan _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
