Hi, I've been offered some cheap 6509's with the following kit (this is all the info I have at the moment on them)
WS-C6509 Chassis 9 Slots Dual Redundant AC Power Maximum Uptime Supervisor 2 Engine with PFC2 and MSFC2 Dual Gig Uplink Port MultiLayer 96 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switching Ports 8 Gigabit Ethernet Ports 1000BaseX Bonus Switch Fabric 2 Module to provide dedicated bandwidth to each slot up to 256 Gbps per system I currently have a network composed of 6 site's connected to each other via microwave, the network is basically one large ring. Our customers purchase transit through us, some of them are now asking for a VPLS based service, at the moment each customer is just switched through a VLAN to their nominated access ports. We're beginning to look at MPLS, particulary EoMPLS, is the above kit enough to achieve this? We will be doing no more then 155mbit of traffic. I have no prior expeirence with the 6500 platform or MplS, any info would be appreciated. Thanks -Dan _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
